Friday, February 27, 2009

Gratitude

The 'puter is back with a repaired right speaker.  In concert with a couple of stereo speakers that I wired onto our living room walls yesterday morning, all sounds good in the House of Bubby.

It's been a fine week sans cyberspace with a string of caregiver serendipity.  Last Friday, Marilyn midwife came by for a 3-day-post-partum home visit and noted that the last baby she delivered on her birthday (over a decade ago) was also named River.  Perhaps her dual River deliveries also coincided with the last planetary alignment 12 years ago.   Woo-woo!

Then on Saturday morning, Dr. Stephanie stopped in for a rejuvenating cranial sacral family treatment.   When my uncle was here last summer, a German friend gave him a cranial sacral treatment for his cancer resilience and explained a bit of the process: moving around spinal fluid and magnetic fields.  Cranial sacral energy balancing remains a mystery to me, but I like its results.  On my previous treatment with Dr. Stephanie, I walked out of her office thinking that I should call our friend Scott.  It was just before Christmas, and Bunny was looking for holiday sheet music specific to flutes by request of her Sis in Seattle.  Being a former music store owner and all-around music afficionado, we figured Scott would know where to start our search.  As I pulled away on my bike from the Doc's office, a station wagon nearly ran into me.  Sure enough the driver was Scott who led us straight to finding this obscure request.  Cosmic!

Finally Sunday afternoon, Vicki, our postpartum doula, assited Bunny with the transition into nursing and reassured her innate mothering capability.  She also prescribed a long bike ride to me before inevitably burning out (Bunny has been calling me the Energizer Bubby!).   Earlier I had a vision of biking through the forest despite the fact that our mountain bikes have been out of commission for over a decade.   Yet just before dusk, the vision came alive, and I found myself riding on a 15-mile trek through Forest Park, at one point, cruising peacefully along a 3-mile stretch of single-track as the city lights flickered on the horizon.  Just what the Doc ordered!

Bunny deserves plenty of accollades for carrying and birthing Buddy for the last 10 months, but I am also deeply grateful for our commnity of alternative health professionals who helped all along the way:  Dr. Judy's adjustments to the family's alignment,  Dr. Mary's inducing accupuncture, Nicola's comforting accupuncture, Dr. Ed's ultrasounds, Cecily's massage, and Sirender's yogi guidance plus Lilly-douling.   Combined with our midwives, Dr. Stephanie and Vicki, these folks delivered a happy and healthy pregnancy, birth and son into our lives.  

Namaste!

No comments: